We have a fairy house that adorns our walls and it is home to two lovely fairies named Madeline & Harry. These fairies love kids and they leave my niece and nephew little notes every week and an occasional gift too. This week there were lots of squeals when Avery arrived to discover Madeline & Harry had left a present.
Green Tara Energy Bites were waiting for her & she couldn’t have been happier. Madeline & Harry wrote her a little note on the packaging and explained that spirulina is a a fresh water algae that is so good for us … it’s a rawtastic source of protein and also contains iron, calcium, magnesium & all kinds of other vitamins & minerals. The fairies said that they loved these treats and that they thought she and her brother would like them too.
Avery opened the packet and she and her brother sampled them. And of course, they liked them too! Yummmm!
THANK YOU, GREEN TARA for sharing your spirulina energy bites with the fairies in our home & the kids who visit.
Order your own Energy Bites & Spirulina Crunchies HERE.
Making raw vegan chocolates is soooo much fun … as you can see by looking at this little girl’s face.
Get your ingredients out & let’s make some Valentine chocolates that the whole family can enjoy.
Kids Gone Raw Chocolate
1/4 cup of melted coconut oil (melt in the dehydrator)
1/4 cup of melted cacao butter (melt in the dehydrator)
1/4 cup of agave or maple syrup
1/4 cup of raw cacao powder
pinch of sea salt
*You can use all coconut oil or all cacao butter
1. Place your coconut oil & cacao butter in bowls in the dehydrator at 115 for 1/2 hour to melt them.
2. Combine all ingredients together in a bowl that pours or a liquid measuring cup.
3. Stir together with a wisk until really well combined.
4. Pour chocolate mixture into ice cube trays, silicone ice molds, chocolate molds or onto wax paper boats that will contain the chocolate.
5. Sprinkle all if your favorite things into the molds: raisins, cashews, pecans, shredded coconut, chia seeds and a little sea salt. YUMMMM!
7. Place chocolates in freezer to set for 10 minutes.
8. Remove them from freezer and pop them out of their molds. Arrange chocolates on a plate & store them in the fridge until you are ready to eat them.
4. Dip fresh fruit into the chocolate mixture, then dip chocolate covered fruit in shredded coconut & place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
5. Place cookie tray with fruit into the freezer to set for 10 minutes.
6. Remove cookie sheet from freezer, arrange fruit on a plate & place in fridge until you are ready to eat them.
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY! We love YOU!