What a week we have had! We kicked things off on Sunday with the Chocolate Lovers’ Fling at the Holiday in by the Bay to benefit SARSSM … it was such a thrill to share TWO of our raw vegan chocolates with the fling goers.
We made 600 Pure Love hearts, turtles, flowers & piggies to share as well as 600 bites of our Naughty Fonzie Hemp Seeds Brownies. We spent several days rawkin’ in the kitchen to get all of our samples done and it was so rewarding to see people enjoying them! THANK YOU, SARSSM for all you do & for rawkin’ this wonderful event. We had a blast!
As if the chocolate lovers’ fling wasn’t enough for 1 week … we hosted a dinner & talk for Dave the Raw Food Trucker on Wednesday night. We had 25 rawk stars join us for a Mediterranean dinner (recipes posted here) and inspirational talk with Dave Conrardy, aka Dave the Raw Food Trucker, & David Whiting of Wild & Alive. Dave has reversed numerous diseases with a raw organic vegan diet that included LOTS of green juice & he shared his journey with us while David addressed the science behind raw food & his own personal journey. RAWSOME!
We are so blessed to be sharing in this beautiful raw vegan journey with all of you. Thank you! xox
A Greek Salad that everyone will LOVE! Top it with a feta nut cheeze or some falafel.
1 head of romaine lettuce, rinsed & dried & chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
1 cucumber, sliced or diced
½ cup red onion, sliced thin
1 cup raw kalamata olives – optional
½ red pepper chopped
½ green pepper chopped
1 cup of nut feta—see recipe below
¼ cup parsley, chopped
Toss all ingredients together in a bowl, except for the lettuce. Set lettuce aside. Make dressing.
¼ cup olive oil
2 Tbs lemon juice
1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp dried oregano
pinch sea salt
pinch black pepper
Whisk ingredients together & pour over veggies in a bowl. Let it sit for 15-30 minutes. Now toss in romaine lettuce & eat up!
Nut FETA Cheese
1 cup cashews or macadamia nuts, soaked 1-2 hours
1 Tbs lemon juice
1 tsp nutritional yeast
2 Tbs yellow onion
pinch or 2 sea salt
Blend ingredients in a food processor until creamy. Spread out on a teflex sheet & dehydrate for 4-6 hours. Crumble into a bowl & use as you would feta cheese.
Everything has a day! And I imagine most little rawk stars would heartily celebrate a day dedicated to the sammie that defines childhood: Today is National PB and J Day!!
Is there a more perfect marriage of comfort flavor?
But commercial peanut butters can be full of naughty partially-hydrogenated oils and jellies are jammin’ with sugar. Blech. That’s nothing to dance about.
Here is our raw AB and J recipe that is full of nutrients and flavah! The bread does need to be dehydrated so if you want to save time, choose your own sprouted bread to use.
Let's Fill Those Rumbly Tummies!
RAWKIN’ AB and J Sammie
Soak Time: 8 hours • Dehydrating Time: 7 hours • Chop & Blend Time: 30 minutes
Honey Buckwheat Bread:
- 1 cup of buckwheat, sprouted or just soaked 8 hours
- 1 cup of ground flax
- ½ cup of cashew flour (grind ½ cup of cashews in a spice grinder)
- 1/4 cup of apple, diced
- 2 Tbs of honey or agave or maple syrup
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ – ½ cup of water, add gradually
- 1 1/4 cup of almonds
- 2 Tbs honey, maple syrup or agave
- 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt
Honey Buckwheat Bread:
- Place all ingredients in a food processor & blend until smooth & creamy.
- Spread mixture onto 1 teflex sheet to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Dehydrate for 3 hours at 110.
- Remove bread from teflex sheet & dehydrate another 3-4 hours at 110.
- Cut into 9 or 16 squares & use as bread!
- Place dry almonds in a food processor & blend for 10-13 minutes.
- The almonds will turn to a flour, a crumble & then into a spread.
- You may have to scrape the sides down once or twice.
- Remove almond butter from food processor & mix in sweetener & sea salt.
- Place berries, dates & psyllium husk powder in food processor & blend until smooth.
- Place mixture in a bowl or jar & place in fridge to thicken.
- Assemble your sandwich & gobble up!!!!!! Yummmmmmmm!
It's Lunchtime Rawk Stars!!